As a game designer you will be working closely together with our game director and producer to define and flesh out the visions of our games. You’ll be coming up with interesting stories, engaging encounters, clever game mechanics, challenging puzzles and you’ll help our talented artists and developers bring those to life.
- Strong design abilities to develop original game concepts.
- A solid understanding of level and puzzle design.
- The ability to write storyline, character bios, dialogue, plot points and game objectives.
- The ability to storyboard the action of the game.
- The ability to define user interface, menus and controls.
- Experience in developing early prototypes in Unity.
- Proficient in English.
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal).
- Needs to regularly be able to come on site in Ghent for on location demonstrations with our customers.
- +5 year of industry experience.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in game development, computer sciences or similar.
- Passion to stay up to date with current technology, tools and techniques.
- Uber-positive attitude and desire to see those around you succeed and grow.
- Understand the time, care, and iteration required to create finely crafted games.
- Ability to receive feedback and critique with humility, modesty, and respect.
- Desire and ability to work in a self-directed, fast paced work environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience with VR development.
- Experience with mobile development (iOS and Android).
- Wage according to scale PC 227 and experience
- Meal vouchers of 8 EUR/day worked
- Eco vouchers of EUR 100 per year
- Hospitalization insurance
- Outpatient medical expenses insurance
- Reimbursement for public transport or kilometer allowance if you come by car (one way) or bicycle (two way)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible remote / office work
- Work from home allowance
- Double vacation money
- End of year premium
- Yearly sector bonus
- Option for annual flu vaccination
- Monthly team updates
- Fun teambuildings
- You will become part of a steadily growing team
- A working environment where everyone can be who they are